Museum in the Gsotthaber Hof
The Gsotthaber Hof was a fiefdom of the Benedictine monastery Tegernsee until 1803.
It was bought by the municipality of Rottach-Egern in 1960 and later leased to horse lover Thomas Böck after the farm was abandoned. At that time he was already collecting carriages, wagons and sleighs as well as all kinds of agricultural and forestry equipment from past centuries. In 1999 the community bought the "Böck‘sche" collection and, with expert advice, designed a museum that presents rural life and the being of the carters and could not have had a more beautiful setting. In the exhibition rooms on the ground and first floors you will find a large number of carriages and wagons of all kinds with the appropriate carter equipment.
The exhibition shows exhibits of rural customs. Associated with this is the memory of hard physical work, of the skill in handling horses and heavy loads and leads to the related, almost extinct professions such as carter, saddler, wagner and blacksmith. Please register bus groups in advance!
Exhibits and sights:
- Cafe Gäuwagerl in the museum Carriages
- table wagons
- governess carts
- Goaßl’n Exhibits of rural life Life-size
- hand-carved Oberländer team