Getting there & Parking
Getting to the Christmas Markets
Your arrivel with the Bavarian regional train (BRB)
As the wonderful winter landscape rolls by and you get closer to the lake with every minute, your holiday already has begun.
The terminus of the BRB is the train station in Tegernsee. This station serves as a good starting point for a special day at Advent Magic. From here you can walk to the Castle market in Tegernsee in about 10 minutes.
To get to Rottach-Egern or Bad Wiessee, it is best to take the bus or the shuttle ferry.
Information about tickets and prices can be found at Bavarian Regional Train.
Your arrivel with the Bus
In addition to the BRB, the DB Regio Bus Bayern also runs from Munich Central Station to Lake Tegernsee.
When you arrive at Tegernsee, the ring lines run alternately in both directions around the lake every half hour.
Our special service
Holders of the Guest Card can use the DB Regio Bus Bayern free-of-charge throughout the district of Miesbach. What’s more, when combined with a day ticket for € 9.80, the Guest Card is also valid for the direct connection between Munich and Tegernsee.
More Information about departure times and tickets can be found at DB Regio Bus Bayern.
Your arrivel with the car
For all those who cannot travel by public transport, there are several parking options around the Advent markets.
Please keep in mind that these may be chargeable and in great demand.
Parking in Tegernsee:
- Central parking lot
- Parking lot opposite the Bräustüberl Tegernsee
- Parking lot at the Edeka market in the center of Tegernsee (approx. 5 minutes' walk to the castle market)
Parking in Rottach-Egern:
- Parking lot opposite the Seeforum
- Leo-Slezak-Straße car park (approx. 10 minutes' walk to the lake promenade)
- Car park in Tegernsee-Süd Lidl branch (approx. 10 minutes' walk to the lake promenade)
Parking in Bad Wiessee:
- several parking spaces around Lindenplatz
- Dourdanplatz car park
- Parking lot behind the Gasthaus zur Post